- Download the widget zip file to your local machine and unzip it
- Copy subscribe2widget.php to the /wp-content/plugins directory (or /wp-content/plugins/widgets for WordPress 2.0.x or 2.1.x) directory on your wordpress installation
- Make sure the WordPress Widget Plugin is activate.
- Activate the Subscribe2 widget in the Plugins admin panel.
- Add the Subscribe2Widget to your sidebar in the Sidebar Widgets admin panel.
- Copy the entire /subscribe2/ directory into your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Click the “Settings” admin menu link, and select “Subscribe2″.
- Configure the options to taste, including the email template and any categories which should be excluded from notification
- Click the “Tools” admin menu link, and select “Subscribers”.
- Manually subscribe people as you see fit.
- Create a [WordPress Page](http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages) to display the subscription form. When creating the page, you may click the “S2″ button on the QuickBar to automatically insert the subscribe2 token. Or, if you prefer, you may manually insert the subscribe2 token:
***Ensure the token is on a line by itself and that it has a blank line above and below.***
This token will automatically be replaced by dynamic subscription information and will display all forms and messages as necessary.
- In the WordPress "Settings" area for Subscribe2 select the page name in the "Appearance" section that of the WordPress page created in step 7.
Updated: 25 March 2010