Version 11.0 of the Subscribe2 HTML has been released and is available now. This version has been tested on WordPress 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3 and 4.9. It requires at least WordPress 3.3.
Current users of Subscribe2 HTML with an active support and upgrade subscription can upgrade using the WordPress plugin admin page.
Version 11.0 contains the enhancements and bug fixes listed below.
- BIG New Feature – option to add ReCaptcha to the Subscribe2 sign up forms
- New Feature – REST API class added, disabled by default but there for those that want it
- Fixed SQL error on Uninstalling that results in failure to drop plugin tables – thanks to SemperPlugins
- Updated to current version of Plugin update checking code
- Fixed a PHP Warning notice for PHP 7.0 and above
- Fixed undefined variable PHP warning in Digest email function
- Improve HTML character decoding for plain text emails
- Change input type from ‘text’ to ’email’ on the subscribe form – will improve keyboard layout on mobile device
- Minor code layout corrections consistent with WordPress Coding Standards
- Abstracted and improved upon the WordPress core email validation function
- Fixed bug affecting display of Registered Users when using WordPress multisite – thanks to @theinich
- Ensure Content Type is explicitly set for all HTML and Plain Text emails
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
- Tested on WordPress 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3 and 4.9 (Betas, Release Candidates and Final Release)