9.3 9.4 of the Plugin in now available for download. This version has been tested on WordPress 3.8.2, 3.8.2, 3.9. It requires at least WordPress 3.3.
Version 9.3 contains the enhancements and bug fixes listed below.
If you use this plugin and find it useful please give it some positive feedback! Visit the WordPress.org site and give it a rating, tell me it works in the compatibility section and maybe consider making a donation to support future development!
An HTML version of the plugin that emails an HTML email to Public Subscribers is available here.
This version contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Only add ‘weekly’ cron schedule interval if it does not already exist
- Add capability to add social media share buttons to HTML emails
- Update editor plugin for TinyMCE version 4 bundled with WordPress 3.9
- Rework Digest emails to collect posts based on transition status rather than time – see ticket https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2058
- Hide comment form subscription options if using Jetpack Comments and improve compatibility
- Fixed typos in the Help tab on the Settings page
- Improved domain name comparison for sender email check – props garypardun
- Tidied load_string() function and moved it to class-s2-frontend.php as all strings are not for user side only
- Ensure ‘s2_authors’ keys exist on all sites and for all Registered Users as per illmasterc’s bug report
- Introduce ‘s2_mu_blog_list’ filter to allow filter of blog list for WordPress Multisite installs – props careb
- Enable built-in widget by default – props by MadtownLems
- Use a better method for unendcoding HTML special characters for plain text emails – proposed by Dainius Kaupaitis
- Fixed a bug affecting handling of Registered users with email aliases (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) – thanks to Alexandre (bosseal)
- Improved Character Set encoding of some email headers
- Improved user registration hooking for Multisite installs – thanks to dsl255
- Introduce a filter to allow filtering of the confirm link URL – props diddledan
- Introduce a confirmation box for Registered User deletion – props geoorgge1968
- Improved Bulk Management user experience by retaining submitted settings
9.4 fixed the following issues:
- Fix for non-existing variable errors on Subscribe2->Subscribers page – thanks to bapakrob and perezlr
- Don’t display Excluded Categories in Bulk Management is Registered users cannot override the exclusion
- Fix for disappearing Jetpack Stats module – thanks to desertravenart
- Fix for undefined variable notices in the digest emails