Version 8.5 of the Plugin in now available for download. This version has been tested on WordPress 3.4.1. It requires at least WordPress 3.1.
Version 8.5 contains the enhancements and bug fixes listed below.
If you use this plugin and find it useful please give it some positive feedback! Visit the WordPress.org site and give it a rating, tell me it works in the compatibility section and maybe consider making a donation to support future development!
An HTML version of the plugin that emails an HTML email to Public Subscribers is available here.
This version contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed width of a page select drop down in the Widget settings – thanks to Balky79
- Added option to check the comment subscription box by default – proposed by Doug Lerner
- Improved off-domain error message in Settings page so it does not display if Post Author for Blogname are selected
- Fixed an issue on Multisite installs displaying the wrong link to profiles pages for other blog sites – thanks to MadtownLems
- Fixed an issue with Image and Shortcode replacement in the visual editor (TinyMCE) – thanks to Dave Firman
- Fixed unique IDs for 2 possible error messages in the Settings page – thanks to MadtownLems
- Fixed several HTML5 validation error in the admin pages
- Improved regex replacedment of s strike and del HTML tags in plaintext emails – thanks to jimshell
- Use wp_kses() rather than strip_tags() on email subject lines so that single angle brackets are allowed – thanks to eightize and esmi
- Allow remote definition of email address in form – thanks to orion42
- Added ability to have compulsory categories – proposed by iClimb
- Apply WordPress the_author filter to the author names to improve plugin compatibility – proposed by SpaciousMind
- Added the ability to track the post ID in the tracking Parameter field – proposed by Laga
- Protect the ‘s2email’ post meta key – proposed by Nally123
- Strip excess white space within the Digest email when images are removed
- Add a time column to the public subscriber table for hosting provider spam policy compliance – proposed by Erik N
- Change plugin folder name to suppress update prompts for the HTML version
- Rename js files consistently with core ticket 21633
- Add width parameter to comment form text to fix issues with some themes – proposed by mharpen
- Added option to include Sticky Posts at the top of all Digest Notifications – proposed by pkhatmedia
- Fixed some Markdown errors in the ReadMe