Version 8.0 of the Plugin is now available for download. This version has been tested on WordPress 3.3.1. It requires at least WordPress 3.1.
Version 8.0 contains the enhancements and bug fixes listed below.
If you use this plugin and find it useful please give it some positive feedback! Visit the WordPress.org site and give it a rating, tell me it works in the compatibility section and maybe consider making a donation to support future development!
An HTML version of the plugin that emails an HTML email to Public Subscribers is available here.
This version contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Split the main plugin file into separate classes for more efficient (60% less RAM) server resource usage – huge thanks to Milan Petrovic
- Ensure notifications for posts are sent to all active registered users
- Fixed bug in Bulk Management code to include all filtered Registered Subscribers, not just those on current screen – thanks to samandiriel
- Fixed some PHP messages regarding use of deprecated clean_url() function and WordPress version checking – thanks to anmari
- Improved white space trimming in the code so it respects tabs and line breaks – thanks to belg4mit
- Updated screenshots to Subscribe2 8.0 and WordPress 3.3.1 screen layouts
- Implemented one-click buttons to subscribe and unsubscribe – thanks to dimadin for code patch
- Changed some default settings, sender to BLOGNAME and number of recipients per email to 1
- Implemented a change so that categories are not displayed in the filter dropdowns when using Subscribe2 in digest mode
- Ensure an action is specified for HTML5 validity – thanks to Franco Carinato
- Introduced 4 new hooks to filter per-post subscribers for each of the 4 email types – thanks to Nicolas Noé