Version 7.1 of the Plugin is now available for download. This version has been tested on WordPress 3.3.1. It requires at least WordPress 3.1.
Version 7.1 contains the enhancements and bug fixes listed below.
If you use this plugin and find it useful please give it some positive feedback! Visit the WordPress.org site and give it a rating, tell me it works in the compatibility section and maybe consider making a donation to support future development!
An HTML version of the plugin that emails an HTML email to Public Subscribers is available here.
This version contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Fix for Opt-out by Author for Registered Users that resulted in posts being sent even though a user had opted out
- Workaround implemented for core WordPress glitch that reults in blank sender details in digest emails when using “Post Author” as sender
- Introduced DIV HTML tags to the administrion menu screens to allow jQuery custom hiding by plugins – proposed by madtownlems
- Reduced code overhead when collecting admin level users
- Fix for non-sending emails when published via XML RPC interface (like the iOS app and Windows Live Writer) – thanks to bellarush & Marc Williams
- Removed the X-Mailer header ready for core PHPMailer update
- Removed single use of split() function which is deprecated in PHP 5.3.0
- Added additional parameters to the ‘s2_html_email’ hook – props Milan Dinić
- Added a check on wp-cron.php to warn digest email users – props Dave Bergschneider