Version 5.3 of the Plugin is now available for download. This version has been tested on WordPress 2.9.1.
Versiom 5.3 contains the bug fixes and requested feature improvements listed below.
Need help or support:
If you need help to find you way around the many features of Subscribe2 or are finding your way setting it up for the first time you should consider the guide produced independently by the iAssistant. The guide is 40+ pages long and it provides an in depth set of instructions and descriptions of Subscribe2 features.
Version 5.0 introduced a new support model for the plugin. Previous posts explain the issues and my proposed solution. To seek support read the support forum. If you have a bug, please report it on the forum.
If you have an issue that you can’t find an answer for then by all means post your question BUT if you get no response it is because the answer is already available or the problem is pretty unique to your install. In these cases be prepared to pay for assistance – ONLY the plugin is free!
If you use this plugin consider making a donation to support future development!
This version also contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Added an HTML Excerpt notification type which sends an HTML formatted excerpt of the post
- Issue an error message in Settings->Subscribe2 if there is no WordPress page published on the blog site
- Improved usage of time dropdown in Settings->Subscribe2 so it works for periodic emails that are on a less than daily frequency
- Sorted categories by slugname for better presentation in the category selection area
- Make sure Preview emails skip the mail queue if WPMQ is used
- Fixed issue where blog posts made by email generated duplicate notifications
- Added fixes with the hope of stopping the random settings reset glitch many thanks to Barbara Wiebel
- Fixed AJAX bugs caused by deprecated jQuery function
- Fixed an issue where Registered Users who have requests a password reset disappear from Subscribe2
- Amended code for IP address collection to work around IIS servers
- Added COUNT keyword
- Ensure that BLOGNAME is not used in digest emails if it is empty