Version 5.2 of the Plugin is now available for download. This version has been tested on WordPress 2.8.6 and also briefly on 2.9. Users who feel Subscribe2 is critical to their site should delay upgrading to WordPress 2.9 until more testing is complete.
Versiom 5.2 contains the bug fixes and requested feature improvements listed below.
Need help or support:
If you need help to find you way around the many features of Subscribe2 or are finding your way setting it up for the first time you should consider the guide produced independently by the iAssistant. The guide is 40+ pages long and it provides an in depth set of instructions and descriptions of Subscribe2 features.
Version 5.0 introduced a new support model for the plugin. Previous posts explain the issues and my proposed solution. To seek support read the support forum. If you have a bug, please report it on the forum.
If you have an issue that you can’t find an answer for then by all means post your question BUT if you get no response it is because the answer is already available or the problem is pretty unique to your install. In these cases be prepared to pay for assistance – ONLY the plugin is free!
If you use this plugin consider making a donation to support future development!
This version also contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Added screen_icon() to each Subscribe2 admin page
- Improved addition of links to the Plugins admin page
- Improved XHTML validity of admin pages
- Improved display of category hierarchy display in the category form
- Added ability to use TAGS & CATS keywords in digest mails (position is static irrespective of keyword location)
- Use PHP variable for Subscribe2 folder to allow for easier renaming (if needed)
- Fixed a bug in TinyURL encoding introduced when links were click enabled
- Removed BurnURL from the plugin as it appears to be no longer operational
- Added urlencode to email addresses in Tools->Subscribers when editing other user preferences
- Restored several FAQs to the ReadMe file and the WordPress.org Plugin FAQ Section