Version 4.5 is for WordPress 2.3.x and 2.5.x users only! This version has been tested on WordPress 2.3.3 and 2.5RC2.
This version contains the following improvements:
- Added Support for WordPress 2.5!
- Fixed HTML typo in admin submission message
- Fixed time display for cron jobs in Options->Subscribe2 when displayed on blogs using a time offset
- Added Debug plugin to the download package
- Improved descriptions of email template keywords in Options->Subscribe2
- Display subscribers in batches of 50 in Manage->Subscribers
- Fixed some XHTML validation errors
- Improved admin menu layout for compliance with WordPress 2.5
- Reverted to using wp_mail instead of mail to ensure proper header encoding
- Improved mail header formatting – thanks to Chris Carlson
- Add ability to skip email notification using a Custom Field (s2mail set as ‘no’)
- Improved CSV export – thanks to Aaron Axelsen
- Added some compatibility for WPMU – thanks to Aaron Axelsen
- Added some error feedback to blog users if mails fail to send
- Moved Buttonsnap due to far to many fatal error complaints
- Added option to send notifications for Private posts
- Improved handling of notification for Password Protected Posts
There is still one known issue caused by a glitch in the WordPress core files. A Fix is discussed here.
If you use this plugin make a donation to support future development!
To install correctly:
- Deactivate your exisiting Subscribe2 Plugin
- Use FTP software to delete the old plugin and upload the new version
- Ensure that the complete subscribe2 folder and buttonsnap.php file are uploaded
- Activate the new version of the plugin