It seems that not a week goes by without at least one person asking me to tell them how to put Subscribe2 into the sidebar without using the widget. It usually involves several emails back and forth along the lines of:
- User -> Me: How do I put Subscribe2 into a sidebar
- Me -> User: With the widget
- User -> Me: But I don’t want to use the Widget because my theme isn’t widget enabled / I don’t use widgets / I don’t like widgets etc.
- Me -> User: I only recommend using Subscribe2 in a sidebar via the widget as I can offer any support to the infinite number of different sidebar implementations out in the WordPress world
- User -> Me: Pretty please!
- Me -> User: Groan!!!
For the record, there is a method of putting Subscribe2 into a sidebar without a widget. I cannot (and will not) support this method.
So, it’s time to enter your comment below. Do you:
- Want the method posted but accept that if you use it you’re on your own!
- Want to update your themes and start using the widget, getting help if things break!